Since 2012, we have been creating media to advocate for transgender Americans to serve our country openly. We are currently in post production on our feature documentary, TransMilitary.
ABOUT Our FILM
At a time when transgender people are still banned from serving in the U.S. military, four of the thousands of transgender troops risking discharge fight to attain the freedom they so fiercely protect.
FACTS ON TRANSGENDER SERVICE MEMBERS
- Some 15,500 transgender individuals are currently serving in the U.S. military.
- Transgender people are twice as likely to serve than cisgender (non-transgender) people.
- There is no other known organization that employees more transgender people than the U.S. military.
- The repeal of "Don't Ask, Don't Tell (DADT)" allowed lesbian, gay and bisexual people to serve, but transgender Americans were still banned.
- DADT was a law that was eventually repealed. The ban on transgender people was due to outdated policies within the Department of Defense.